Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thank You card with Cricut and Hello Kitty cartridge and an award from some friends!

Oh my goodness, I've had this Hello Kitty cartridge for a while, but this is the first time I 've used it. I am now in love with this kitty! LOL! I've got quite a few thank you cards I need to get done, so that's what I've been working on today.

I used Basic Grey for the pattern paper, and the buttons are by Basic Grey as well. The font is the Mickey Font cut with my Cricut Expression. The big U is home made chipboard. I cut it out six times and just glued them on top of each other.



I used just a touch of chalk ink around the edges to help define the cuts. Hello Kitty is popped up off the card too. I don't think I can make a card without using pop dots! This card was actually quite quick to make and went together rather easily!



I don't know if I've told you yet, but my computer crashed right after Christmas, and of course the new computer now has Vista instead of XP. And none of my photo editing software worked with it! I was up until 2:30 am one night just trying to figure out how to resize a photo! I have the Canon Rebel XTI camera, so the photo's I take are at a very high resolution. I HAVE to resize before I post anything or it will be so big that you wouldn't be able to look at any of my pics without having to scroll your way through them. Anyway, it was all just so frustrating. So my fabulous hubby brought me home Photoshop elements 7 last night! Of course I've never used it, but it didn't take me too long to figure out how to do the basics! I LOVE it already! And I'm just skimming the surface of the possibilities.




AWARD TIME! I have been the recipient of this award from some awesome and very talented friends! Donna, Jeannie, Nikki, and DeeDee all nominated me for this award. Please be sure and visit their blogs! They are all fantastically, wickedly talented ladies. I LOVE visiting their blogs and they are all on my follow list. Now here's what you're supposed to do . I'm supposed to list five of my favorite blogs. Oh my is this one gonna be HARD!!! And I'm also supposed to list five addictions. Ok...so here are the addictions:


A GOOD cup of coffee in the morning. I am currently into this wood roasted coffee. Got some smoked with applewood for the holidays. It was soooooo good!!


Anything to do with papercrafting. I'm a junkie with any and all things!


The TV show Ghost Hunters. LOVE that show and will do whatever I have to on Wednesday evenings to watch it in peace. Even if I have to lock myself in my bedroom!


Orville Redenbacher (sp) tender white microwave popcorn. If you haven't tried it, I would highly recommend it! Made with real butter, and the kernals (sp again?) are so tender it just melts in your mouth!


And last but not least, my hand dipped pretzels in white chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint. Thats why I only make them once a year at Christmas. If I made them all year, I wouldn't fit through the door!


Now for my five favorite bloggers. I visit so many blogs, this one is really impossible. If I could list my top 50, I would be much closer to feeling better. So anyway, here's five of the many blogs I visit on a regular basis:


DeeDee - what a wonderful friend! She is so awesomely talented and such an inspiration to me. Who knew that a little cut like a Quail from a Cricut cartridge would forge such an awesome friendship!


TeriBeri - what a beautiful woman and friend she is! And wickedly talented! Her work has been featured in some awesome publications! Do yourself a favor and check out her blog!


Regina - What can I say about Regina that hasn't already been said. She is such an amazing woman and friend of mine. She has supported me and guided me through so many things. I can't even begin to tell you everything I have learned from her. She is published on a regular basis, and with good reason. What talent! She's awesome!


Nancy - Nancy, I have been such a fan of yours from the first card I ever saw of yours. You could touch doggy doo and turn it into art! You know I love ya girl, and I would truly love to tap into your brain and harness some of those creative juices you've always got flowing.


Tracy - WOW! Everything you create makes that word come out of my mouth. You're unbelievable.


Anywho, thanks for listening to me ramble, and for stopping by to visit! I love it when you come to see me and take the time to say hello! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! It's back to work and the real world for me on Monday. Enjoy your Sunday!



9 comments :

Regina Easter said...

I HAVE YET TO USE THIS CART...BUT BOY OH BOY, I GOTTA USE IT AFTER SEEING THIS...WOWZER

DonnaMundinger said...

Sharon I'm DYING for this cart! LOVE your thank U! I must go and order it immediately! Well aren't you miss popularity? I think you should have to list 20 addictions since you were nominated 4 times. LOL Hugs, D

DeeDee said...

Um WOW!!!! I'm gonna cry.....but I'm NOT! Hee hee!!! But yeah, who knew? I love ya girlie!!! This is the sweetest HK card!!!! She is just irresistible...I mean look how cute she is...gosh!!! GREAT card my sweet friend!!! HUGS!!!

Jen said...

Super card Sharon! Love that little kitty...I don't have this cartridge yet...and you make it look oh so tempting!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

OK - first things first....I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS HELLO KITTY CARD!!!!! It's fabulous my friend. I LOVE the way you put the letters on the balloons - so very CUTE!!!!! She turned out ...... PERFECT!!!!

Thank you for nominating me with this reward. You are such an amazing friend. I am so inspired by your work all the time!!!!!!!

Hugs, T

michelle said...

Oh gosh sharon i love this card !! that kitty is too too cute now your tempting me into getting this cart !! Happy new year my friend !!
hugs
michelle x

Becky G said...

Sharon, this is so adorable! Love it!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! You are so talented! This card is wonderful. I have always been a huge Hello Kitty fan and this reminds me why. Thanks for the inspiration! Also, thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I am such a big fan of yours and when I checked my email this morning and saw you had commented, it made my whole day! Thank you!

shelly said...

oh my now why'd you have to go do that! ok this is on my have to have list too! how flippin adorable is that kitty! gonna go see if i can find a good sale going on with this anywhere. man you and deedee are such the enablers! love ya both! xx shelly